The EuroTube team is currently targeting the construction of the two hyperloop demonstrators DemoTube (Zürich) and AlphaTube (Valais). This position will deal with the design of civil engineering construction (concrete/steel/geotechnical), the drafting of the technical documentation in line with the SIA phases of execution.
- Structural design of civil engineering construction such as:
- concrete structures
- steel structures
- foundations or geotechnical projects
- Detailed drawings and design documentation, including reports for external contractors
- Support of team operations on the construction site, including inspection and field observations
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners and clients
- Support for proactive involvement acquiring and onboarding new partners or managing relevant stakeholders
- Provide technical engineering support/information to ensure construction/maintenance complies with all required standards, codes, and specification
- Master degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related discipline
- At least 1+ years of experience with construction projects (buildings/infrastructures)
- Knowledge of SIA or Eurocodes for structural design and building construction
- Experience with Autodesk environment for 2D and 3D drawing (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, Inventor, etc.)
- Experience with SAP2000, Ansys, Nastran or similar analysis software
- Fluency in English
- Independent decision making, on time delivery & responsible work attitude
- Flexibility to respond to unexpected challenges that arise from a breakthrough project in an innovative and not-yet-explored technological field
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Fluency in German and/or French is seeked
- Knowledge of permitting processes and building regulation
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management
- Understanding of other disciplines such as: mechanical, electrical, piping, geotechnical, and surveying
- Very quick adaptation on feedbacks/new information and direct implementation on the design and documentation
Place of work
We provide an office and workplace in Zürich and you can work remotely from home in agreement with the team needs and current pandemic situation. From day one you can work independently and take on responsibility for your projects and deliverables.
Earliest start date: Flexible, as soon as the candidate is available
The EuroTube Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and take affirmative measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If interested, apply by completing the form on this website or send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about joining us, please send us a few motivational sentences together with some background information.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying